I love pierogis. They are delicious, filling, and very easy to cook. Babci Kuchnia, thank you for introducing me to pierogis.
Every bite feels like wonderland. I remember the first time I found about them was in a Saturday market in Salcedo. That day almost changed my life. Babci, you made a huge impact in my life.
Cooking pierogis is quite an easy task to do. Let’s get cooking!
Preparation of Ingredients:
- An order of Babci’s pierogis
- Sour Cream
Note: When you buy a set of Babci’s pierogis, it already has packets of onion and bacon. However, I am spoiled and I like things extra so I cooked caramelized onions, and bacon for myself.
Bacon and Onion
- Fry 5 -6 strips of bacon. Make sure it is not too hard and crispy. Cut the bacon into bits.
- Cut onion into rings. Cook them in butter for a few minutes until they are soft. If the butter is gone, add 1 tablespoon of water, and cook again.
- Boil a pot of water and 1 tablespoon of oil and a few pinches of salt.
- Place frozen pierogi into boiling water. Keep on simmer. (low – medium heat)
- Cook pierogi in simmering water for 5 – 7 minutes or until soft to touch.
- After boiling, pan fry them with either oil or butter until golden brown.
- Top your pierogis with bacon bits, onions, and sour cream.
I actually inspired to start another business, a food business to be exact, and I can’t wait to share more details!