Happy Saturday everyone! Today will be the kick-off of a new category addition on my blog – “Pinterest Recipes”, where I will be trying various recipes from Pinterest. I am an amateur cook, I don’t cook everyday, and of course I am no food stylist either. So the food you will about to see may look very different from the photos shown on Pinterest, but I am 100% sure the taste is as good as the original concept.
Let’s be honest with each other, I am not a fan of to eat – sandwiches! Yesterday I was having a hard time what I can cook for lunch especially for the fiancé. He isn’t a fan of rice nor pasta at this time of the day, he rather eat sandwiches. So I thought, I can make him a special sandwich while our amazing maid can cook something else for me.
Out of the thousands of sandwich recipes I chose the Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich. It’s easy and fast!
Preparation of Ingredients
- Two Ripe Avocados
- 4 Strips of Bacon
- Lemon Juice
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
First, Let’s Make the Guac
- This is probably the most work so we’re going to start with this. To be honest, I have no idea how to make a Guacamole, this is a first for me. Second, I don’t know how to slice a damn avocado. So just cut the fruit in the middle til you see what’s inside. Take out that huge circular seed in the middle.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado meat and put it on a bowl
- Sprinkle some salt (I used sea salt & herbs) and some calamansi juice onto the avocado meat
- Now mash them and mix them all together
Fry the Bacon
In a frying pan, heat it til’ it’s hot enough to put the bacon on it. You don’t need to use a cooking oil anymore, as the bacon will be releasing it’s excess oil. Fry til’ it achieves how you want it to be.
Set aside on a paper towel after frying.
Grill The Sandwiches
Back then, I’ve always loved making grilled cheese sandwiches at home even though I am not a fan of sandwiches.
- Get two slices of bread, spread butter on one side for each bread
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on the other side
- Fry the two slices together til the outer part of bread is brown-ish and you can see the cheese inside is melted (Please do not leave it as it gets burned easily)
Voila! You are Almost Done
- Take out the sandwiches from the pan
- Put in the guacamole, bacon and tomatoes