Let’s start this post by thanking the following people in helping me have Dutch products in our home: Sint and my mother-in-law, and now Wesley for recommending me Dutch Expat Shop to cater to our grocery needs from the Netherlands.
I have always been very frustrated by the fact that I could not find any Dutch products in the Philippines (except cheese, Groot products, and several chocolate brands) and that even made me so sad because I want to make my husband happy by having Dutch food once in a while. I want him to have some comfort food that is closest to his culture.
Most European stores here only have Italian, French, Swiss, German, and even more German.
Dutch Expat Shop is a webshop that sells products from the Netherlands and Belgium. Basically that have everything, even Rituals too. Mark Nooijen, founder and owner of Dutch Expat Shop, has always been living outside the Netherlands. At some point of his life he did miss having Dutch products and it gave him the idea to open up such a good business.
Dear Mark, that has always been a problem for me too.
Anyway, I am happy, we got it, and we’ll be ordering for more.
What Did I Buy?
- Koopmans Pannenkoeken Origineel Shaker
- Jumbo Multigrain Bread Mix
- Yildriz Turkish Garlic Sauce Small
- Bicro Amsterdam Croquetten Vulling
- Wijko Sate Sauce
- Verstegen Mix for potato and french fries
- Verstegen Mix for Shoarma
- Jumbo Cereals with fruit and seeds
How Did I Buy?
- Browse through their website and choose the product(s) you want to buy
- Once chosen click order.
- When you are ready to pay, click the shopping card button then proceed to checkout. Put in your billing address, choose a shipping method (FedEx economy, Bpost, PostNL Global, and FedEx priority.) I do suggest choosing FedEx economy, they are fast and cheaper than FedEx priority. Also, FedEx economy and PostNL Global have the same rate, however PostNL Global takes 30 days to deliver.
- Payment methods are American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Bancontact Card, iDEAL, ExpressPay, AliPay, Paypal.
- Click place your order.
- And you are done! You just have to go back to your daily life and wait for your package to arrive. Shipping usually takes 2 – 3 business days to get here in Subic Bay.
- The products I bought are in excellent quality (so far so good)
- Items are not damaged, thanks to their very secured packaging
- Paypal friendly
- They deliver straight to your home
- The courier (FedEx) updates your package movement
- Well organised website
- Do not be surprised when FedEx asks you to pay a certain amount of money upon delivering the package
- The website has glitches upon adding items into your shopping card
Will I Buy From Them Again?
Yes!!! I am fully informed that shipping will really cost a lot, and that’s okay. That’s just life.
Did You Like The Product(s)?
These are the things that my husband and I love, of course we certainly do.